Friday, August 28, 2009

Questionaire from Sunday Primary children.

16 August,2009

As a grandfather, I was invited to answer some questions from Primary children about my activities when I was at their ages. Questions were picked by them and Joyce read them out.

1. What was your favorite activity at 9? Kite-flying and kite-fighting by cutting others’ kites with glass-made-strings.

2. What was your favorite hymn then? There is sunshine in my soul today—was also the first hymn I sang at my first meeting in church.


3. What did you remember most what your mom and dad taught you?
My mother taught me to treat a beggar who came to the house as if she were the angel or god in disguise. She was given the drink she wanted and food which I served her. Many times my mom would chat with beggars as if they were friends she knew well—and they in return would say: “Bless you , boy”. I taught they would make good priests. From these episodes, I came to believe easily that Jesus was God’s Son in human flesh. Strangely enough, even injured birds and dogs or cats would come to our house for recovery aid from us; they seemed to know where to get kindness and service from!

From my mandarin father, I learnt English. Every evening he would pick a word from the press headline and asked me to define its meaning from the dictionary.
Then he asked a sentence be constructed. How would you use the word for conversation? These would go on every day and I improved my English and loved English and poetry which later, I loved writing and poetry.

4. What was my favorite food and fruit?
Mixed rice with vegetables and fish/chicken and egg was my delicious choice.
Banana was the cheapest fruit I could afford then. Now papaya because of its enzymatic effect and bowel movement.

5. Which drink do I love most?
Milo with milk for nutritious value.

6. Which movies I love to see when I was young? Tarzan, Mickey mouse, bugs bunny and Donald duck movies.

7. Have you been caned by your parents? No, never! Because I was obedient and
smart student in class as the top student in every standard! So they had nd reason
to scold or punish me!

No comments: