Sunday, June 21, 2009

Remembering Father's Day

21 June, 2009 I was invited to Father's day Lunch at Yaki-Yaki Restaurent with Vivien and Jaszlyn by Chong Sun Fu for celebrating Father's day with Chong's father and Mdm Chong---a hearty sea-food. When I reached home, Elisha Lim phoned from Hawaii and wished me "Happy Father's Day!" and invited me to Hawaii for a vacation.

Strange, I have never felt so honored this day in my life.

But, the most memorable day was when I received my Patriarchal Blessing was on Father's Day on 19 June, 1977 when the Patriarch, Bruce McConkie, brother of Mcconkie one of the Twelve, blessed me. He said that this special blessing was given as if Father in Heaven Himself would have said those words. How lucky and honored I was to receive it as the first Malaysian Church member to blessed with! Some of the things had come to pass, while others are yet to come! And on Father's Day, I said a special prayer for my mother, 98, to get well, and the well being for my family, relatives and friends.

No comments: